Thursday, July 31, 2008

Lightning Strikes The Postman

I don't know what woke me up first; the rain or the bad dream. I suppose it doesn't matter so much. I was laying there, with a feeling of dread as the storm rolled in. The limbs of the trees wavering in the wind, casting shadows from the security light outside...the thunder and lightning...

Then, the loudest thunderclap I have ever heard, the brightest bolt of lightning I have ever seen and suddenly there were sparks shooting out of the light fixture in the bedroom.

I thought 'holy fuck, the house just got struck by lightning'...

I went outside to see if the house was on fire or something...there was the neighbor from downstairs and he reported the same thing had happened to his light fixture.

The power was still on, the lights all still worked...

Still, it felt like a warning letter.

No comments: