Friday, July 25, 2008

dental yard

i ate a donut yesterday. it sent shockwaves of tiny shards of pain throughout my teeth. i imagined my once solid enamal poked with little holes, like a car riddled with bullet holes, or a sugary jackhammer tearing up the pavement.

my mother implored me to always take care of my teeth. paying for regular dental visits when i was without insurance. now i look in the mirror and in addition to the various aches and shooting pains, my teeth a manilla envelope yellow...years of coffee and cigarettes and drunken late nite power brushing and my pearly whites are far from sparkly.

this must change. i must take better care of my teeth. i am a little freaked out by all of these whitening products that have flooded the market. there's some creepily carcinogenic about it (as if there isn't something blatantly carcinogenic about cigarettes). anyhow...my motto for the rest of the year. 'flossing is great in 2008'

i heard some say 'mexican poison' yesterday...i love words.

No comments: